The John Douglas Experiment

"AN OUNCE OF PREPARATION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE"

Thursday, May 25, 2006

PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG


The purpose of creating this blog is create a window into my thoughts and history. I was born at John Hopkins Hospital in Maryland.
My father, who has worked 40 years with the US Postal Service as a mail carrier, always was an example of working hard and making sacrifices.
My parents taught us that one of the great sins, in their eyes was to take your blessings for granted. My mother’s familiar saying was, “Don’t be so ungrateful, you little brats, do you know that children in Somalia, may not have half of what you are whining about?”

Ungratefulness in our household was a character trait that was deemed worst than not having food, electric or heat in the home.
In retrospect, our humble begins was based on biblical principles. My mother’s philosophy is that we cannot truly possess things on this earth, however we can enrich our souls through charity, scholarship and abiding by the last commandment from Jesus Christ, which was to love one another.

I enjoy learning… I feel that learning is a way of energizing the spirit. An energized spirit bears the fruits of a creative mind.
I love preparing for projects, ahead of time, managing the projects and seeing them completed properly and to the satisfaction of my employer. Part of managing is being able to identify weakness and strength and to prepare for each. The key word is prepared. I believe technology is designed solely to make us prepared for more successful outcomes in the workplace.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Les said…

    Cool site! Tell me about the three pics you posted in your blog.

    Les

     

Post a Comment

<< Home